As part of the corporate reorganization undertaken in early 2013, the client committed to getting out of the non-core business activities of managing IT Infrastructure. Direction was given to engage a 3rd party vendor to provide IT Infrastructure as a set of services.
The main business objectives were:
- Building a sustainable technology platform
- Source industry-leading vendors for the 'commoditized' infrastructure layer
- Capability to leverage a Global Presence
To continue to support business operations throughout North America, South America and Europe, the company had to migrate major IT services and the 150+ applications currently in production which includes a mix of Commercial Off-The-Shelf Software (COTS) and custom built web and windows applications.
Allea was hired to :
- Review and provide feedback on all High-Level Design (HLDs) and Low-Level Design (LLD) Documents
- Provide Applications architecture support in the strategies, planning and execution of application migrations to the Vendor’s Data Centers
- Define Applications Configuration Items
- Conduct Application Workload Assessments
- Produce workload migration strategies and plans
- Conduct testing, code upgrades, migration of applications and installation in various cloud environments
- Operational Readiness